MindWell Canada is delighted to be partnering with the movember foundation to offer the '30 day movember mindfulness challenge' to coquitlam teachers and staff
Experience With Teachers
MindWell Canada is delighted to be partnering with the Movember Foundation to offer the '30 Day Movember Mindfulness Challenge' to Coquitlam teachers and staff. In addition to being experts in the delivery of mindfulness training to the workplace, through years working with schools we understand how mindfulness can benefit teachers, students and the entire school community:
- The MindWell team works with the International Baccalaureate in The Hague helping it deliver mindfulness training to all staff and students at 3,000 schools world-wide
- MWC Partner Kara Smith provided teacher training and curriculum development at the prestigious Mindfulness in Schools Project
- Dr. Geoff Soloway, also a Partner at MWC, completed a PhD in Teacher Education, and was an Instructor in Teacher Education at OISE of the University of Toronto. He works regularly with both public and private schools on integrating mindfulness into staff rooms, classrooms and communities.
The 30 Day Challenge
The 30 Day Movember Mindfulness Challenge addresses the biggest barrier to implementing mindfulness training... until now, mindfulness training typically required an eight week in person commitment.
The Challenge is an innovative, online, training that is rooted in neuroscience. The platform is accessible to Coquitlam teachers and staff anytime, anywhere and on any device, helping to make mindfulness relevant and engaging for all.
There are four key areas where mindfulness training can impact Coquitlam schools, teachers and staff:
- Health and well-being of employees
- Improved teamwork and conflict resolution
- Stronger leadership skills
- Enhanced performance
Every person who signs up to take the 30 Day Movember Mindfulness Challenge can invite a buddy to complete the training with at no additional cost. Your buddy should be from outside the organizations and is beneficial because buddies help drive engagement and completion.
The Challenge will be running for Coquitlam teachers and staff during the following two times in 2015 and 2016:
- November 1 to 30, 2015 (TBC)
- January 18 to February 16, 2016
The cost of the Challenge, including the participation of a buddy, is $50 payable upon registration. When the course is completed you will be reimbursed in full by XXX.
Those interested in signing up for the Challenge should email XXX by September 10, 2015.
Registration will open on September 14 and close on September 30 - a reminder email will be sent out then.
This training will be researched by Dr. Daniel Skarlicki of UBC's Sauder School of Business so Coquitlum will understand the measurable impact for its schools, teachers and staff.